Monday, July 12, 2010

Filling the void

we're made of insecurities
you, me and everyone else
and while the world tries to avoid them
i quietly learn to abate them
tempt them with tales of gold
trap them with insecurities of their own.
she made the decision
and we wept on open shores
our tears mixing with the seas
our hopes seeming further than they'll ever be
lightning struck
and burnt my thoughts to coal
then thunder followed
and drowned my voice as i questioned god
and then there was the rain
that washed my sins away
lying on the beach
the questions still unanswered
those of being good enough
honest enough
smart enough
or even strong enough
i wrapped myself in the open arms of the sand
and woke up naked to the bone
the slush of rain and sand had corroded my skin
and i could now feel.
feel the gravel under my toes as they wiggled free
feel the burning under my skin
feel the rain cleanse my body and soul
feel the emotions fill up that gaping hole
i was one again
and i was i
i was we
and we were truly free
wearing nothing but a smile
i walked the haunted road
back to the life of mine
i will not let them win
i will not ruin everything
i will not go astray
i will not hide today
i will not be locked up
i wil lnot be talked at
i will not stand for pain
i will not change with gain
i will not take it slow
i will never let her know

No comments:

Post a Comment